Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Unless

I came across this the other day, and it literally stopped me in my tracks. It happened to be on a design inspiration site, and I caught my breath.  

All my life I have believed this statement to be true, and followed roads, paths, and trails that dead-ended in to a place of despair.  I'm discovering that although I've had amazing, passionate relationships, I've never quite achieved that sense of passion for my own self.  I've come close, I think, to loving myself and thinking I'm all right- I strive to be a positive person, and to help others see light at the end of the tunnel.

  It's time to shine my light in and on myself... to stand in my own power, to let my light love ME.   It's a tough journey, into yourself; but I know it will be worth facing the fears, and there are many.  Fear of actually succeeding, fear of finally following through... Fear has ruled my life for far too long, and although I am courageous and a fighter, somehow the fear filters back through.  Until now.  Now I am standing up.  I am opening up more and more, and not attempting to block my emotions, including fear.  

The answers are in the search, the reward is in the journey, or so I've heard.  I believe.  Hope springs eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment